Thank you to all of our seminar attendees! Our February Free Fertility Educational Seminar was a great success.
“I was a bit nervous coming to an open group of people to learn about my fertility concerns, but the group of Fertility Solutions staff (Laura and Maryanne) and Dr. Carol Anania were so warm and inviting that I am now sure that Fertility Solutions is the center for us. During the seminar, Dr. Anania discussed what to expect from your fertility specialist and all the medical treatments offered. We had a tour of the facility (which put my husband at complete ease), and an opportunity for a chat with the financial coordinator. Thank you for offering such an insightful event!” – Anonymous attendee, February 2019
One common question that arises at each seminar is: “Does my insurance cover fertility treatment?”
Our Financial Coordinator, the “Fertility Financial Guru”, Laura Palmatier, has put together a list of questions that will help you understand insurance coverage:
- Do I need a referral from my Primary Care Physician?
- Is my insurance plan a fully-insured or self-insured policy?
- What are my fertility benefits?
- Is IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) covered?
- Are these IUI CPT codes (58322 and S4035) covered?
- Is IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) covered?
- Is this IVF CPT code (S4015) covered?
- Do I have a deductible? Is there a separate fertility treatment deductible?
- Do I have co-insurance?
- Is there a lifetime fertility benefit maximum?
- Are there any infertility exclusions on my plan?
- What are the medical criteria I need to meet to qualify for insurance?
In Massachusetts and Rhode Island, we are fortunate to have state-mandated fertility coverage for fully-insured healthcare plans. However, each employer, fully-insured and self-insured, do have flexibility on the amount of coverage and the procedures covered under the health plan. It is important to understand your coverage, and we are here to guide you through the process to provide a transparent financial expectation based upon the unique, individualized fertility plan designed by one of our three female fertility specialists.